The Bosch East Africa team were appointed as the MEP consultants for the Chiromo Lane Medical Centre. This is a greenfield mental health and rehabilitation facility located in the Lavington suburb of Nairobi city. The project consisted of complete design and construction supervision for the mechanical and electrical works.
The facility is a six story building which consists of the following:
- Pharmacy, chemist and restaurant located on the ground floor;
- Gymnasium and creche on the 1st floor;
- Two floors of medical consultant and staff offices;
- Three floors of regular and VIP patient rooms;
- Rooftop boardrooms and chairman’s office;
- Patios and gazebos at garden areas for patients to sit with visitors.
The facility is supplied with electric power from the grid and has solar hot water panels installed, along with a silent type back-up generator, with an automated changeover. The generator can power the building with an additional bulk tank for up to 24 hours non-stop. A voltage stabilizer has also been installed to protect electrical infrastructure .
Other attributes are air conditioning for specific areas such as the boardroom, pharmacy and selected offices, a CCTV security system , access control system for the patient areas, a nurse call system and automated lighting in washrooms controlled by presence detectors.