On the strength of its multiple CIDB grading (8CE, 8ME, 8EP, 8EB), Bosch Munitech was recently appointed as the main contractor by ERWAT, for the completion of engineering works for the upgrading of the final settling tank capacity at the Hartebeestfontein Water Care Works, which is situated at the ERWAT head offices in Kempton Park.
The scope of appointment consists of civil, mechanical, electrical and control works with the main components summarised below:
- Extensive earthworks and trenching;
- Testing of works installed by a previous contractor;
- Completion of civil works related to two new Final Settlement Tanks (FSTs);
- Pipework and tie ins required to existing reactors;
- Full mechanical installation of new RAS pump station and linkages to existing lines;
- Coordination of mechanical contractors appointed under the previous contract for the mechanical installation at
- thehead of works and FSTs;
- All new electrical works, including commissioning of new MCC and PLC equipment;
- Total upgrade of PLC, SCADA and HMI programming and system integration.
Work on site commenced in early March 2014 and the project will be completed within 4 months.