Bosch Munitech was recently appointed to undertake mechanical and electrical maintenance services on the water and wastewater infrastructure within Ugu District Municipality. Bosch Munitech’s role is to augment the Client’s reactive maintenance capacity and to assist with unplanned maintenance and breaks in service.
Works undertaken to-date have included:
- After-hours shuts and repairs to bulk water mains;
- Pump and motor stripping and repairs;
- Flood damage reinstatements;
- Road reinstatements;
- CCTV inspection of bulk pipelines;
- Pump station valve replacements;
- Various mechanical repairs at wastewater treatment works.
Work in the Ugu District is supported by Bosch Munitech’s mechanical workshop in eThekwini and this capacity has proven to be invaluable in facilitating fast response times and in bringing additional resources to bear on the larger jobs.